My husband took my car in for new brakes at the yorktown Mavis, because it needed them, well after i picked up car and driving to connecticut, i pressed on the brake but nothing.the car didnt even slow down until i pumped it a few times and they somewhat worked.

we called them told them the problem, of course the guy said we werent around any Mavis store to bring it in when we get back. So we continued on our trip cause we were close to our destination. On our way back there were moments i thought we were going to die....Mavis guy answer shouldve been we will have tow pick it up and get you a rental i would think, because if we died noone would know they screwed up. Anyway, we took the car back to place, and now all of a sudden they said they told us that emergency brake was stuck and that it will cost 1000 dollars to fix 3 lines and that they don't even do the work there.

First of all if my emergency brake was stuck, i wouldn't have problem trying to stop the car cause the car would not have picked up speed to begin with, plus you can tell. Anyway my emergency brake was fine, idk what they did to my car besides not fix the brakes. they tried to say they wrote it on the receipt and explained it and they did not, of course now idk if we can prove it cause the receipt was left in the car and no where to be found.

WELL BESIDES PUTTING MY LIFE MY HUSBAND LIFE AND MY FAMILY LIFE IN DANGER BY NOT FIXING WHAT THEY WERE SUPPOSE TOO, NOW THEY MESSED UP CAR EVEN MORE BY DAMAGING THE EMERGENCY BRAKE AND LEAVING US WITHOUT A CAR.IM SOOOOO MAD RIGHT NOW..

Had an Experience with Mavis Discount Tire?

Comments

Warwick, New York, United States #673590

And they did nothing wrong - but they did make more money off you didnt they -- that was no accident.

I worked for them - this sort of thing happens every day.