Allen A Lyu

Coustomer service SUCKS ! !!

When a customer tries to let you know of a problem and you want to verify the email address and you dont send the verify code for 10 minutes and only allow 5 to receive the verify code. CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.

User's recommendation: Take your business to Firestone or Goodyear.

Clarence S Vlx

| map-marker Freeport, New York

Warning!!! Stay away

Mavis Discount Tire - Warning!!! Stay away
Mavis Discount Tire - Warning!!! Stay away - Image 2
Mavis Discount Tire - Warning!!! Stay away - Image 3
Mavis Discount Tire - Warning!!! Stay away - Image 4

WARNING!! Don't trust them.

Updated complaint: watched real mechanic diagnosis problem and put piece that mavis lost back in my car with my own eyes up close and the engine light is gone.

$28 for part and 60 for labor and im good. I feel sorry for anyone going to freeport Mavis.

First complaint: They lost part of my Oil Filter housing cover while they were doing an oil change on my car and it started a bunch of engine issues. They also refused to take responsibility for it. The store manager Eric is very unprofessional and makes up random stuff about certain cars, Mercedes Benz , when he knows nothing about high end cars.

Eric lied and said he was there for the job on my car, but he forget that he told me he was at physical therapy during that time. He also forgot that I waited for my car. 1) They didn't put enough oil in my car so the oil warning came on so I had to go back to them .2) The engine light came on as soon as I left so I had to go back to them again. 3) They don't have Knowledgeable staff on site and they don't have proper equipment at the store so I had to drive to two different locations to get the engine light reset because according to a female worker who was not a mechanic, " nothing was wrong with my car." 4) Eric put the oil change under a different car of mine which shows a lack of attention to detail and he got mad when i asked him to correct it.

He started saying he wasn't a robot and yelling that im nitpicking. I guess putting work done on wrong cars is normal here. 5) Eric is like a ticking time bomb over the phone yelling when he gets frustrated which shows he has no customer service training. He will get mad at you for him and his workers mistakes.

I'll definitely see them in small claims court if I find out further damage was done to my vehicle as a result of their work.

Stay for away!! Listed pic 1 is missing the $28 housing piece with rings that goes in middle of filter. Pic 2 is the piece i had buy.

Serious lack of supervision here. I even went back and asked them to check the trash for the part so i wouldn't have to buy it again, absolutely no accountability there.

Female worker at desk doesn't know anything, she could of easily looked up the problem just like wantagh Mavis did and saw that both problems are related to said oil change that they did.

No effort and pure laziness. 6)They also got the floor dirty.

Thank you Eric, I definitely won't be back and will spread the word about your shop, "50 Percent Off, 4 hour Oil Change Nightmare" is the name of this true story.

*I ALSO HAVE A VIDEO OF WANTAGH MAVIS MANAGER SAYING THAT LOW OIL WILL TRIGGER THE CAM SHAFT ENGINE LIGHT*

Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad service

Preferred solution: Partial refund

User's recommendation: Stay away

Christopher H Qmt

| map-marker Lexington, South Carolina

Messed my car up and won't fix

Mavis Discount Tire - Messed my car up and won't fix
Mavis Discount Tire - Messed my car up and won't fix - Image 2
Original review Mar 14, 2024

I took my car to Mavis Tire and Auto in Darlington, SC on 2/15/2024 for brake pads, they recommended some new calipers, I told them I just wanted the pads. Seemed expensive for a set of pads but I promptly paid them $210.

I was not informed of anything else. A few days later I happened to notice that one of my lug nuts was missing on my car and the stud was stripped and I stopped by this place as soon as I could on 3/5/2024. I was lied to and told that they informed me of this the day I had the brake pads done. I was told they would contact me back when they had the replacement part and set up for another shop to fix it.

I never hear anything about my car stud being fixed, so I call Tyler on 3/11/2024 to find out if they have the part in and when they plan on fixing my car.

Tyler then tells me that I was supposed to order the part because Mavis cant order off of Rockauto. This is another lie. I asked Tyler to tell me what part to purchase off Rockauto, he said *** call me back. Guess what, he hasnt called me back.

On 3/12/2024, I send a message to customerservice@***.com with this same complaint, along with how rude Tyler is.

I also submitted a complaint through their website through their Contact us portal which doesnt allow you to type too much. I also looked up my invoice at this time for the invoice number for the complaint and saw that they charged me for 79.99 for a TPMS check, something I didnt ask for, need or verbally agree to. Anyways, Surprise!, I never heard anything. I sent another email to customerservice@***.com today.

These people arent responding .I also want to emphasize that Tyler is super rude to customers and his coworkers alike, he goes out of his way to make sure customers are made to feel like an inconvenience. I am now having to get this car fixed at another shop, at my own expense because they dont care enough about their customers or my life to make their mistake right. Id like to be fully refunded and for them to pay a separate shop to fix my stud they broke.

Edit: This location is in Darlington, SC but was not on the list so I had to choose another location.

Also I lost more money than I spent at this place because I am having to pay out of my pocket to fix my car because these people have ghosted me. I'm not stepping foot in this place or talking to the douchecanoe who has been rude and lied to me thrice.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Open late on thursday for working people

User's recommendation: Don't do it

Darienne Epu

| map-marker Union, New Jersey

I believe I deserve a partial refund

Mavis Discount Tire - I believe I deserve a partial refund
Mavis Discount Tire - I believe I deserve a partial refund - Image 2

I made a quote with Rose, over the phone, at the Somerville Circle location. She was very helpful and made a basic quote for me for two front tires and the mounting and balancing.

All amounted to no more than $270. I arrived to the store and gave my info so they could pull up the quote. The associate took my keys and I left. (Meanwhile no total was given upon reviewing the information.) I never received a call, to be informed there would be additional charges.

No one gave me the new total, because I thought the original quote reflected this information. Came back to pick up my car and had no choice to pay a $421 bill because I was running out of time to tackle a break job myself at the end of the day. I don't believe the associate was trying to price gouge me. I just believe she did not follow proper protocol which led to me fronting money that I do not have at this moment.

I would really appreciate a refund for the services and products I did not sign up for.

Because as far as I know, in the state of New Jersey, it is illegal to proceed with any work unless you confirm the dollar amount with the customer. And to top it off, Im not missing a cap on one of my tires because they forgot to out it back on.

User's recommendation: I recommend not going to Mavis because Im constantly let down by associates who do not seem to follow protocol

Christopher H Qmt

| map-marker Hartsville, South Carolina

Messed my car up and unresponsive on fixing it

Mavis Discount Tire - Messed my car up and unresponsive on fixing it

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere!!!

Joseph H Raj

| map-marker Warwick, New York

Technician damaged car part, causing expensive repairs needed.

Mavis Discount Tire - Technician damaged car part, causing expensive repairs needed.

Ill try to keep this as short as possible..I had a noise coming from the fromt right wheel, took it to mavis in Warwick, NY. They deemed it as the sway bar links, and replaced the parts($250).

Still had the noise issue, so i took it back(sunday). They had then deemed the issue to be the strut, and quoted me $1000 in repairs. So i gave the okay, and parts were ordered. The next day, i got a call from them (monday)saying he ordered the wrong part, and the repairs were now going to cost $2000, so DOUBLE the original quote(which makes sense because the part is about $800, plus labor, roughly another $1000) So i gave the okay, and waited to hear back.

I gave them a call(wednesday) for a status update, and i was told the parts came in, but something was missing, so they'd have to contact a dealership to order those parts, and that the repair cost was going to be even more! I was informed that the old bushings could be reused, but the noise issue would likely still occur. (Which would mean its the bushings that are the issue, and NOT the strut...bery fishy). So i said no, you've had my car for 4 days, more than doubled the original cost quote, and now say its going to cost even more.

Picked up the car from them and now when i start it, my dashboard gives me a warning message saying to service the suspension, never had that before i took it to Mavis. Took it to another mechanic, explained everything that had happened with the car, and with the Mavis shop in Warwick. They looked at it on their car lift, and we all saw zip ties holding wires to the suspension yokes(the parts they deemed in need of replacing). So when the parts came in, i dropped it off, and they started on the repairs.

The same day, i got a call from the shop owner saying that the wire that connects to the strut had been ripped out! So the mavis technician had damaged my strut beyond repair, and now required replacing! And since suspension parts have to be done in pairs, now i had to get both struts replaced. ($1584.26 plus labor) Not to mention they failed to diagnose the issue correctly the first time, and cost me $250 for nothing.

So what im looking for is to be reimbursed for the cost of the struts and labor, plus the cost of the sway bar links, since those were clearly not the issue and did not need to be replaced in the first place. I have the invoice from the 2nd mechanic, i can send a photo of if needed, but this is a serious issue that needs reconciliation

$2000

User's recommendation: Avoid Mavis in Warwick, NY

Tony G Efj

| map-marker New Milford, Connecticut

Unacceptable Service

Original review Feb 04, 2024

Hello I write to you because I think is it is imperative and very important that you should have a clear understanding of what is happening in your New Milford Ct. site.

The day the incident happened was January 31, 2024. It was very early in the morning when I got to the Mavis repair shop and the time was around 10:00 AM.

And so I tell you this brief story in the hope that this attitude could change at your store.

Id like to start by saying that this is not the first time I had trouble at this site. A few years ago I bought some tires and did my brakes and rotors. The day I did this work I picked up my car and went home.

Mind you this happened a few years ago. The following day after I got my brakes / tires and rotors done I left for work. On the highway on super 7 my breaks that I just got replaced the day before broke loose from the car and came apart getting stuck in between the rims and rotors. I was driving about 60 miles on super 7 when this happened and I went into a spin that almost caused me my life.

( You might or Might not recall this incident) . But it happenedAfter the initial shock I got out the car and looked to see what was the problem and why did it happened. When I looked I realized that the breaks were caught between the rims. I immediately called the store where they got me off the divider of the highway with a tow truck.

So I say that to say this , it isnt the first time that I had problem at your New Milford site. I stopped going to mavis when this happened and because of the poor customer service and the managers that work there. They gave me the hardest time knowing full well that they botched the job. They said this was a bad job themselves and gave and me a poor excuse as to why it happened but also accepted the blame for the poor service.

Forward a few years later

I decided to give Mavis another try being that they was a whole new crew working there. Managers included.

On January 31 of 2024 AM I went there to get once again my brakes , rotors calipers and an oil change done. When I got there that morning I was the only car on the lot and with a relief and smile I was elated because I knew that this would be good as far as time management went for me that day. I entered the store and spoke to the manager which I do not know by name , only by appearance.

I told him I needed my breaks done, my calipers done and an oil change and that if it was possible to get it done being I was the only one in the lot that morning. He said yes and I proceeded to let him know that I would be back in 3 Hours to collect my car and pay the Tab.

I went on with my day and returned in 4 hours and not 3 like I had mentioned to him. When I went into the store none of the work that I had asked for was done. I was really upset as to why he didnt do the work.

I asked him why and he said that he had called me because I needed a power steering flush on the car. And because I didnt answer him on the phone he didnt do the work I asked him to do. And I have the paper work / invoice to prove that the work was not done and let me remind you that the car I took is a 2022 Toyota Corolla. (Really a power steering flush !)

So my reply to him was you didnt do the work because your trying to sell me a power steering flush.

He knew he was wrong and went on to say well you need a break flush as well. OMG I told him I came in this morning and I told you what I needed and because your trying to , in other words milk me for more money / you didnt do any of the work I requested of you. I was really upset that they would do this to me. I work and run two of the car washes in New Milford.

Ive been the manager of those business for years and I would have never done something so horrible to a customer of mine. To try to get more money on something thats not needed or I didnt ask for is beyond disrespectful i know every body in this town and I would not recommend Mavis to any one who comes to my car wash for service. And I know hundreds of people in New Milford. That morning I told him that I will be back I expected my car to be fixed and ready.

4 Hours later and still nothing was done. They were no cars when I returned to the lot. So they were no other cars getting serviced. I was spoken in total disrespect and you could see that in the body language if you look on you surveillance cameras for that morning.

I told them to release my car and to bring it down from the car lift. When I went back in to collect my car the manager was still agitated with me that he told me that I had to pay for the oil change. If he had did the work Mavis would stand to make over 500 dollars. But he wanted more then the 500 I was quoted So I asked him , if you did the oil change why didnt you do the other work.

He gave a weak excuse.

Charged me over 100 Dollars for the oil change / seriously,over a hundred dollars , Because I refused to leave my car after the 4 hours too get it serviced he was upset that I refused to wait any longer and I walked out. This place has NOT OPERATED GOOD SINCE KENNY LEFT AND BECAME GENERAL SITE MANAGER FOR THE BUSINESS.

What they did was wrong and someone from your office needs to correct this kind of behavior and non-caring attitude towards customers

Loss:
Pros:
  • Kenny should return
Cons:
  • Worst place to get any kind of service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Go to J and j right down the street from The New Milford Mavis. Much better and polite service.

Karen E Ovi

| map-marker Mobile, Alabama

Refuse to put all my tiers on i bought 5 and 2000.00 front-end work

Mavis Discount Tire - Refuse to put all my tiers on i bought 5 and 2000.00 front-end work - Image 2
Mavis Discount Tire - Refuse to put all my tiers on i bought 5 and 2000.00 front-end work - Image 3
Mavis Discount Tire - Refuse to put all my tiers on i bought 5 and 2000.00 front-end work - Image 4

We brought our car there to have some front end work done and the front end front tire was off the rim and one of the employees proceeded to drive it on around which I've never seen done before laughing also we bought five tires and they only put on two and then tried to give us two used ones and after 3 days in the summer away and now they want us to do is make appointments and leave my car for 3 Days to get on there so now I would tell anyone in the world never ever ever go to Mavis the headquarters will not answer they hang the phone up on you we still don't have the tires I'm just getting started with this with this stuff because this is the most ridiculous and these are the most incompetent people you would ever meet they don't deserve to be a mechanic on somebody's card it is a hazard to health that's and I'm still riding around on two used flat tires and they got my new ones this is a mechanic shop who puts women down right in front of you makes appointments and tells you that you don't show up when you tell them you're not going to make appointment it shouldn't take 3 days to fix when you buy five tires most tire places know to put five tires on not too tires although they admittedly told me they was robbing me blind

Loss:
Cons:
  • No customer service and need get a real manager

map-marker Cliffside Park, New Jersey

Ruined my wheel

Mavis Discount Tire - Ruined my wheel
Mavis Discount Tire - Ruined my wheel - Image 2
I got a new tire for my bmw m550 for the front passenger they scratched my wheel and refused to do anything about it and even used curse words and threats this happened in New Jersey

User's recommendation: Never go to Mavis for service

Jeffrey W Ocr

| map-marker Mobile, Alabama

Mavis Tire screwed up my truck badly and refused to fix it.

Updated by user Oct 23, 2023

Right now I'm waiting on the guy from the corporate office named Christopher to call me back and send me to a different Mavis Tire to resolve this problem for me. Let's see if he does and let's see if it happens. Then I'll change my review if it does happen.

Original review Oct 23, 2023
I brought my truck in for a front end alignment at Mavis Tire on schillingers Road in Mobile, Alabama. When I called I was told that they could do the alignment with no problem.

When I got there I was told they could not do the front end alignment because their machine was down. This was a lie. So after the lie they told me I needed new tie rods on the vehicle. The machine was working fine.

I saw it. But I went along with it and asked them about the tie. rods being replaced. They charged me $450 to replace these tie rods.

It took them two tries just to find the parts that would fit on My truck and then they were still the wrong ones. They did not tell me they put the wrong tie rods on there. I had left the shop and they had closed down when I figured out for myself something was really wrong because my truck almost skipped off the road and the tires were squealing.. When I heard my tire squealing going down the road.

I stopped, got out and looked and my tires were pointing in totally different directions. This is how bad Mavis Tire screwed up on my vehicle. Then , hoping I wouldn't notice, sent me home driving it like this which is very dangerous because , like I said, my truck was skipping all over the road. When I came back to have it fixed the next day they tell me they can't fix it because they couldn't get parts on Sunday for it.

So I go along with what they tell me and come back Monday. When I came back Monday the manager meets me at the door and tells me there's no way he's replacing my tires after this because me hitting the curb is the cause of my tires being worn like they are. Even though when I hit the curb it was 2 weeks ago and the tires were fine the day I brought it into them. 2 days after I had brought it in and they had worked on it.

I'm still trying to get it fixed and my front tires had worn almost half the tread off of them within just 60 miles of driving home and back to Mavis twice. Yet somehow this was my fault and he wasn't replacing the tires. He told me all he could do was give me a refund. He wouldn't even replace the bad parts that they put on the truck.

Just so you know I don't know this guy's name. I don't remember it but he's the black manager at Mavis Tire on schillingers Road in Mobile Alabama. Never go to see this guy. He has no sense whatsoever.

I doubt he can even read and write.

Never go to Mavis Tire on schillingers Road in Mobile Alabama. Again, The black guy who is a manager there has less sense in his head than I have in my ***
Loss:
Pros:
  • There are no pros for this company
Cons:
  • Manager at the store is a moron they do not know what they are doing

Preferred solution: I would like a full refund. I would like my truck fixed back like it should be with the right parts and I would like my tires replaced that were ruined because of them putting the wrong parts on my truck.

User's recommendation: Never take your vehicle to Mavis Tire in Mobile Alabama on schillingers Road. And if you do, don't deal with the black manager there. He has less sense in his head than I have in my ***

Fred S Osr

Horrible workmanship

My bad experience started at their Big Bend Rd store in Riverview,Fl. I bought new tires for my F-250.

This was first week of March 2024. When they finished, I was informed that they did as best as possible with balancing because the tires were too big for their equipment. The tires are stock size 275/65R20. Why would they sell tires that they can't balance???

They told me to test drive and if they were not in balance I had to go to their other location 1 mile away. I drove it and at hwy speed I had a bad shimmy that was not there before. Went to the store on US301 in Riverview. They checked it and said the other store did a horrible job and now it's better.

Took it for another ride, still had a bad balance problem at hwy speed. I went back a few days later to try again. Once more they said all is ok but now I was told that I have a bent rim. BS!!

I got under my truck and saw more lead weights on my tires than leads in a fishing tackle store. I dealt with the awful ride until my scheduled service at Ford. I asked Ford to re-balance the tires. They checked tires and rims, no out of round issues nor bent rims.

They cleaned off the 3 applications of weights that the Mavis "tech" put on my rims. YES, instead of taking off the existing weights, he kept adding.

The end result is this. I paid Mavis $80 for balancing. I had to pay Ford $140 to fix the issue.

All is good now and my truck drives like it did before Mavis screwed it up.

Mavis owes me $140. You have my address, you can mail a check!

I will never go to Mavis again, lesson learned and I will share this with friends and family

Resolved
Cesar A Nse

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: The still working on it

Mavis Discount Tire - The still working on it
Updated by user Jan 16, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They fixed my car

Original review Dec 17, 2023
Unfortunately they did something wrong with the oil filter. Its a very sad situation bc its an old idle car BMW 328i. 2007 in great conditions! Engine was completely clean and now its a mess everywhere possible damage on the engine.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Manger is very helpful
  • Fast service and good price
Cons:
  • Check oil spill once they making the change and clean up the car

Preferred solution: I just want them to fix the issue! They have been working on this issue 3 days now but not results yet. The damage can be horrible possible damage the engine

User's recommendation: Always start the car at the place and wait for Andy dripped from oil filter

Joe S Ucn

| map-marker Dawsonville, Georgia

Disappointed

I am very disappointed. I made an appointment online for 9am the previous night for the store in Dawsonville, GA.

According to the website, they had my tires and confirmed the appointment. When I saw my car still sitting in the parking lot at 10 am I went to the desk and asked why it's already been an hour. The woman said they didn't have the tires that were listed on the website. She looked at the computer and said their inventory said the tires were there but they couldn't find them.

She offered some Mavis tires. I've had good luck with those and agreed.

At 10:30 my car was still sitting in the parking lot. She told me they couldn't find the Mavis tires and offered a brand I've never heard of. I told her I would go to the store in *** who confirmed they had the tires.

I told her when I arrived the tires should have been set aside to make sure the work could be done. If not, they could let me know so I could reschedule without having to wait.

A 9am appointment should mean work will start around 9am, not an hour and a half later. At the very least, I should be given an apology which never happened.

I would give them one star but I have had good service in the prior year so I didn't think the store deserved an overall one star. This store needs to be better organized and remind workers courtesy is important

Pros:
  • Seem to do good work when they get around to it
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Avoid the Dawsonville, GA location

map-marker Toms River, New Jersey

It’s a circus

So, Ive had a bad experience at Mavis in Bayville.

I noticed one of my tires was extremely worn. I realized that I had neglected to stay on top of my cars maintenance.

I went to Mavis the next day. I had my shocks and all 4 tires replaced.

That was Tuesday.

The next day, it was pouring. I was heading to work. Almost at work, can barely see out the windshield, my Low Tire Pressure light goes on.

I park. Call AAA and then wait. That was 3:30. By 4:30, AAA said they left the area.

So I called again at 5. At 6, I get a notification that they came and went. So I calledstill raining. They managed to come again about 7:15, put my spare on.

Thursday morning, I head over to Mavis.

Ive got a flat. The manager asked if it had anything to do with how I drive. I was like, excuse me. He just said: you know, and head nodded at me.

So Im thinking hes trying to say Im a woman.

But Im going to just zip it. I look through the windows. The mechanic is trying to find the nail. Cant find anything and puts air in my tire.

The mechanic comes out and tells me that nothing is wrong with my tire. I said, well it was flat. He told me it wasnt. I said I saw him fill it with air.

He got mad at me and said I bought cheap tires. I said you guys recommended these for my car. He said: I dont know what to tell you.

So I leave. Get ready for work.

Flat tire. Take it back to Mavis. They check out my tire. Im waiting.

A couple came in. She got new tires last week, and one tire kept losing air. I was like: me too!

They eventually tell us that our rims were dirty. So the tires should be fine now.

I sadly missed work this day.

Woke up the next day. Guess what? Yep. A flat tire.

I called them. They told me to drive right over. I said I couldnt because its flat. They told me to just put the spare on and come over.

I said Ive never done this before, Ill have to call AAA, again. 4 hours later, AAA comes. The spare is on

I arrive. They wanted to check the warranty on my tire.

I reminded them, I just spent $1200 3 days ago. The lady that works the front spent 15 minutes trying to find a mechanic. Even going into the parking lot to try and fine one. As Im watching this, another person comes in.

He was there the day before, when I was there with the couple. He got new tires and one was flat.

Eventually they find a mechanic and they give me a brand new tire. Tells me its fixed. Then said, if this doesnt work, its the rim.

I said it cant be the rim as Ive never had trouble with my tires until I came there. I told them that Ill leave my car and give it time to get flat. If it gets flat, my car is where it needs to be to be fixed.

The next day (Saturday), my car was still holding air. I go in to get the car, they said again how lucky I was that my tire was under warranty.

The next thing is to get my lug nuts tightened.

Eaglespeed just did it. I cant go back there.

The manager sucks.

The mechanics cant problem solve. Victoria, at the counter, is all theyve got going for them.

User's recommendation: Don’t go

Aldo d Fhk

| map-marker Clearwater, Florida

Ripped off and job not done correctly

Mavis Discount Tire - Ripped off and job not done correctly

We had a flat out of town. Almost exactly 25,000 miles on car.

Salesperson says treads worn out and would need to replace all 4 tires. "New car tires only get about 25,000 miles, he said. I asked him to show me but, upon inspecting car, it was obvious there was lots of life left on all tires. Then said I needed to replace because of imbalance with 4-wheel drive system if I only changed one tire.

That could cost me $15,000, he said. Not exactly happy as I feel he was simply trying to get a much bigger sale. (Indeed, the dealer later confirmed it was probably not necessary.) Anyway, I am especially upset because I believe they did not balance tires correctly. Getting vibration on highway.

Salesperson said it would take 1 hour but after 2 1/2 hours alignment check not yet complete. We left knowing we had been ripped off and that work wasn't done correctly.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Many locations
Cons:
  • Will try to sell you additional services or tires not needed
  • Price often higher

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Go to any local dealer. They usually run specials and free road hazard warranties.

Maureen G Coi

| map-marker South Amboy, New Jersey

Employees tried to scam me

I have always been a customer of mavis and had good service. It's the mavis store on rt 35 in South amboy, New jersey.

I went because my back tire was a little low with air and wanted it checked. Immediately the employee was checking the tread on my tires with that little thing . He said I needed 4 tires. I said I shouldn't need tires.

Had 2 cooper tires put on less than 2 yrs ago from there plus a lot of other work. I always took good care of my car. I told him I don't put a lot of mileage on my car because I'm a senior citizen. Then he said...

my tires are dry rotted. And when was the last time I had an alignment. I answered probably the last time I had work done which included tires... struts and brakes.

Then he said..in front of customers tires need to be replaced every 3 yrs. I never heard of that. He tried everything to get me to get 4 tires. They were 2 employees I never saw before.

One was at the front desk. Had a ponytail and both were black. Spoke to me like I was a stupid old lady. I left.

The next day I went to a different reputable tire place and didn't tell them about the day before but asked them to check my tires for tread and dryrot. My tires were fine. I will never go back to mavis . I was definitely a victim of a scam they were trying to do.

And they tried to shame me in front of a roomful of customers . My name is Maureen grover.

You can check the records of how much I have spent there taking care of my car. Something needs to be done about these 2 employees trying to scam people

Pros:
  • Always had good service until this incident
Cons:
  • Beware of scams from these 2 guys

Preferred solution: Scammers terminated.

User's recommendation: Don't go . Scammers

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article