I ordered 2 tires online from Mavis, and scheduled work to be done at there Fishkill NY location (12524).I told the service person Jose that I wanted 2 new tires that I ordered online to be put on the front and the current ones on the front be moved to the back.
I also explained that I had one locking lug nut on each tire, I would like them removed and replaced with the regular lug nuts which I have on the front seat of the car. I told them I would returned later in the day for the car. Jose called about an hour later telling me that the tires I ordered are not in stock. I don't know why he didn't know this when I was there.
He said he had another tire l asked was it the same price he said "about", but would not tell me how much, and could not or would not give me a final estimate. He also said I needed 3 tires because one of the ones I intended to keep which were only a year old, allegedly had a bubble in it, according to Jose. When I returned the bill was $460.00 far more than I wanted to spend far more than the tires I ordered online this seems like bait and switch to me. I don't know why they can't give final estimate before the work is started.
I paid it and went home not happy. On the way home I noticed the lug nuts I asked them to replace were still on the front seat. I pulled in my driveway and looked at the tires, all four tires had only 3 lug nuts in them. (I included a photo).
This is careless and unsafe which put me and my family in danger.
I will never go to Mavis again and will encourage others to do the same.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Aamco Transmission Complaint 2-20-16 I changed my truck transmission filter & fluids and found a piece of metal at the bottom of the transmission oil pan. I was not sure what the..."
- "After 6 weeks of waiting and 6k in repairs our 97K forest River RV was returned in horrible condition. No walk through to confirms repairs just pay the cashier and..."
- "My generator’s engine self destructed in less than one day’s operation on a light load.I took it to a B&S dealer for warrantee repair and after a cursory inspection was..."
- "I requested a report for $1 and I got a few extra charges of .09 cents for optional services (x5). Then, when I received the credit card statement (paperless billing)..."
- "Williams Lumber sent me a sale brochure. I went in one day after the sale started. They said the sale hadn't started yet. I showed them the date on..."
- "I've had Pella widows installed at $400 a window. The inside of the windows are coming apart...."
- "I recently sold my Goyard St. Louis tote on Poshmark. But Poshmark cancelled the sale and deleted my account saying the bag is not real. They even charged me 20..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."
- "While Cameron Taylor quotes great prices, he is the most unprofessional business owner I have EVER worked with. I hired him on July 31, 2016 to repair my garage floor,..."