Mavis Discount Tire - Review about Tires from Hopewell Junction, New York
I ordered 2 tires online from Mavis, and scheduled work to be done at there Fishkill NY location (12524).I told the service person Jose that I wanted 2 new tires that I ordered online to be put on the front and the current ones on the front be moved to the back.
I also explained that I had one locking lug nut on each tire, I would like them removed and replaced with the regular lug nuts which I have on the front seat of the car. I told them I would returned later in the day for the car. Jose called about an hour later telling me that the tires I ordered are not in stock. I don't know why he didn't know this when I was there.
He said he had another tire l asked was it the same price he said "about", but would not tell me how much, and could not or would not give me a final estimate. He also said I needed 3 tires because one of the ones I intended to keep which were only a year old, allegedly had a bubble in it, according to Jose. When I returned the bill was $460.00 far more than I wanted to spend far more than the tires I ordered online this seems like bait and switch to me. I don't know why they can't give final estimate before the work is started.
I paid it and went home not happy. On the way home I noticed the lug nuts I asked them to replace were still on the front seat. I pulled in my driveway and looked at the tires, all four tires had only 3 lug nuts in them. (I included a photo).
This is careless and unsafe which put me and my family in danger.
I will never go to Mavis again and will encourage others to do the same.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I came into this place a month ago & has been a nightmare ever since. It's been almost 5 weeks later and I still don't have my car due to..."
- "I took a flat tire for repair to the Big O Tire franchise in Sedona, Arizona on Oct. 15, 2014. I was instructed to park my F-250 Ford truck at..."
- "We purchased a bumper for our car. Macco was to paint it. They charged us $15 extra for buying our own parts. When we went to pick..."
- "I requested a report for $1 and I got a few extra charges of .09 cents for optional services (x5). Then, when I received the credit card statement (paperless billing)..."
- "I've had Pella widows installed at $400 a window. The inside of the windows are coming apart...."
- "Williams Lumber sent me a sale brochure. I went in one day after the sale started. They said the sale hadn't started yet. I showed them the date on..."
- "I had my account deactivated today after putting in countless hours.I am a mother of 17month old baby girl which is the reason I even used Swagbucks. I was using..."
- "I purchased a box of crackers and each pack had what looked like and crumbled like peanut butter. I was completely disappointed and call the manufacturer and they stated it..."
- "Rashard Johnson of the Forty Niners was penalized 15 yards for "Unsportsmanlike conduct" for making a "snow angel" after scoring what he thought was a touchdown. Ridiculous. Period. Our whole..."