Mavis Discount Tire - Review about Tires from Hopewell Junction, New York

I ordered 2 tires online from Mavis, and scheduled work to be done at there Fishkill NY location (12524).I told the service person Jose that I wanted 2 new tires that I ordered online to be put on the front and the current ones on the front be moved to the back.

I also explained that I had one locking lug nut on each tire, I would like them removed and replaced with the regular lug nuts which I have on the front seat of the car. I told them I would returned later in the day for the car. Jose called about an hour later telling me that the tires I ordered are not in stock. I don't know why he didn't know this when I was there.

He said he had another tire l asked was it the same price he said "about", but would not tell me how much, and could not or would not give me a final estimate. He also said I needed 3 tires because one of the ones I intended to keep which were only a year old, allegedly had a bubble in it, according to Jose. When I returned the bill was $460.00 far more than I wanted to spend far more than the tires I ordered online this seems like bait and switch to me. I don't know why they can't give final estimate before the work is started.

I paid it and went home not happy. On the way home I noticed the lug nuts I asked them to replace were still on the front seat. I pulled in my driveway and looked at the tires, all four tires had only 3 lug nuts in them. (I included a photo).

This is careless and unsafe which put me and my family in danger.

I will never go to Mavis again and will encourage others to do the same.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Product or service
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #617704

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Mavis Discount Tire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Mavis Discount Tire

Apr 06, 2015 #968627

Mavis Discount Tire is committed to delivering the best possible customer service and we apologize for the unsatisfactory experience.  Please allow us the opportunity to help resolve this matter to your satisfaction.  Please email Customer Relations at or call 914-984-2500 option #2.  We look forward to hearing from you.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Mavis Discount Tire. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Mavis Discount Tire.
Filing a new complaint about