1.7K views

I recently went to Mavis Tire to have a "free" tire rotation after putting 6,000 miles on tires I bought there a few months back. When they removed the tires they said they would do a brake inspection as a courtesy.

The assistant manager told me my rear pads were worn and would need to be replaced. I let him know that Mavis had done my brakes and the pads were under warranty. He then tells me the pads are worn because I need a brake caliper. I told him to give me a new set of brake pads that I will change myself and do the caliper if need be, put the tires back on my car and consider me to be a past customer and tell my friends and relatives never to use Mavis as they are a bunch of crooks looking to sell people stuff they don't really need.

As it turned out my caliper was fine and the brake pads they gave me were ***. I will never set foot in another Mavis store as long as I own a motor vehicle.

Comments

MulticoloredGharial250

typical Mavis ***

Latham, New York, United States #621771

Every time I go there they try selling me stuff I do not need. They conned me into getting a brake fluid change (I never heard of that before but the manager said it was dangerous?) I asked my mechanic and he said my car only having 30K on it, the service was not needed.

The manufacturer suggest it at 100K. They must have a quota to fill for flush services. Every single time I go back for a rotation they are trying to sell me unneeded fluid flushes.

I just want a rotation! Not some high pressure sales guido pushing added services on me!!

I live in Albany, NY and was considering Mavis for tires, which I need soon. After reading these comments, I'll pass on Mavis for tires.

I agree - went to the Latham, NY location for tires, alignment and balancing then drove the car SHAKING to SC and GA where I visited a Lexus dealer. Lexus said it was the "worst alignment they had ever seen especially in only 1,000 of driving" as Mavis joked about it on the phone (saying "better use a Hunter alignment machine and be sure to get a print out etc." ha, ha).

Upon return from trip and promises from Mavis they have not done a thing despite visits to the shop Sam, calls and registered letter to the owner Mr.

Altavilla and now BBB and Atty General complaints. THIS HAPPENED IN APRIL 2011.....REALLY SAD TO THINK OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROBLEMS THERE AND SIMPLY GIVE UP!!