Hopewell Junction, New York

I ordered 2 tires online from Mavis, and scheduled work to be done at there Fishkill NY location (12524).I told the service person Jose that I wanted 2 new tires that I ordered online to be put on the front and the current ones on the front be moved to the back.

I also explained that I had one locking lug nut on each tire, I would like them removed and replaced with the regular lug nuts which I have on the front seat of the car. I told them I would returned later in the day for the car. Jose called about an hour later telling me that the tires I ordered are not in stock. I don't know why he didn't know this when I was there.

He said he had another tire l asked was it the same price he said "about", but would not tell me how much, and could not or would not give me a final estimate. He also said I needed 3 tires because one of the ones I intended to keep which were only a year old, allegedly had a bubble in it, according to Jose. When I returned the bill was $460.00 far more than I wanted to spend far more than the tires I ordered online this seems like bait and switch to me. I don't know why they can't give final estimate before the work is started.

I paid it and went home not happy. On the way home I noticed the lug nuts I asked them to replace were still on the front seat. I pulled in my driveway and looked at the tires, all four tires had only 3 lug nuts in them. (I included a photo).

This is careless and unsafe which put me and my family in danger.

I will never go to Mavis again and will encourage others to do the same.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Mavis Discount Tire and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Mavis Discount Tire.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Service Centers and Repairs category for more informed decision or compare Mavis Discount Tire to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Mavis Discount Tire?

Comments

Mavis Discount Tire

Mavis Discount Tire is committed to delivering the best possible customer service and we apologize for the unsatisfactory experience.  Please allow us the opportunity to help resolve this matter to your satisfaction.  Please email Customer Relations at maviscustomercare@mavistire.com or call 914-984-2500 option #2.  We look forward to hearing from you.