Mavis Discount Tire - Cracked my Rim

On 6/2/2016 I took my car to have my front tire fixed and upon picking up my car I noticed that my rim was cracked.This was not a scrape it was cracked as if they applied too much pressure.

Manager Chris claimed that was there and that I probably hit the curve. This very unprofessional. Never AGAIN will I ever go back to this Mavis on 400 S Broadway, Tarrytown or to any of them for that matter.

All I got was we will call you back in a day or 2.But I called the cops and made a report.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

replace my rim
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #858665

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Mavis Discount Tire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 08 #1170613

Agree. Mavis sucks. I have my four tires replaced in ridgefield nj shop. When I got home, I noticed a cut on my front tire at a spot next to the tread and wall. I went back to the shop and was told new tires don't have cut, you probably hit the curve or object. To me that is more like a merchanic cut and it is a reverse drive cut based on the angle. I didn't buy the road hazard plan so it is not cover. Not sure how they determined new tires are defect free. Additionally, tpms was not reset and tires were not properly inflated. do they think I will ever go back there? They must been dreaming....

1 0 Reply
Mavis Discount Tire

Jun 06 #1169610

Hi Anonymous,
Mavis is committed to delivering the best possible customer service and we apologize for the unsatisfactory experience.  Please allow us the opportunity to help resolve this matter to your satisfaction. Please email Customer Relations at or call Customer Service at 914-984-2500 ext 6550. We look forward to hearing from you.
Jenna Mavis Discount Tire Brand Ambassador

0 0 Reply

Jun 17 #1174527

I did called and now Im waiting for corporate to call me. It has been 2 weeks and no answer or solution.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.