I bought 2 new tires elsewhere because the last time I bought tires there they put the wrong size on.Mavis did an alignment on the vehicle & 5 weeks later the inner portion of both of the back tires were down to the steel belts.

This car usually sits in the driveway & a one day trip an hour away & back did this. We took it to Mavis & was explaining the situation to one of the managers. He immediately became defensive & shrugged his shoulders. My husband asked him to take a look at the tires.

He refused to help us in any way, got rude with both me & my husband. We all got loud, the assistant manager told us to leave the property & threatened us with calling the police, which I was about to do myself because he began to get in my husband's face & point his fingers in his face. I asked the assistant manager for a phone number for his boss or the corporate office. He said he would not give me any numbers & to get out.

The officer arrived & began to take our statement. The assistant manager came out yelling & the officer asked him to be quiet & go inside. The officer then went in & the employees made him wait to give his statement. Then, the officer came out & took pictures of the tires & asked me to email him the picture I took of the manager with his finger in my husband's face.

My husband called corporate after the officer got the number. They refused to help us saying that they had just spoken to the assistant manager & he told them that my husband had threatened him. The officer was standing there & he said that the assistant manager did NOT put that my husband had threatened him in his statement. When the officer went back inside to question the employees, they said that nobody had threatened anyone.

So, the officer put that the assistant manager lied to the corporate office in the police report. The car is unable to be driven home due to the wear on the tires. On the advice of the officer he said not to leave it in the adjacent parking lot for fear of vandalism by Mavis employees. He directed us to park it in another business' parking lot where it would be safe.

He also said to take this to small claims court, which we will. As myself, my husband & the officer were pulling out, one of the employees yelled to us, "See you later, ***!" The officer turned around & went back in. That was also added to the police report.

The pictures I included are of one of our 5 week old tires after an alignment from Mavis in Matamoras, PA.The man with his finger in my husband's face is one of the assistant managers at the Matamoras, PA location.

Review about: Mavis Discount Tire Manager.

Had an Experience with Mavis Discount Tire?

Comments

Trying to get Mavis to replace tires you bought somewhere else?Really?

What a bunch of ignorant fools. You don't get lottery tickets at the courthouse.

Good Luck with your case.Ha!

to Anonymous #1351429

Turns out Mavis vandalized my car & adjusters. Maybe you should keep your ridiculous comments to yourself.

That tire is 5 weeks old???I don't think so.

If this car is supposedly mostly in a driveway and was out for a road trip for one hour, how is there so much balding on the tire. Also is that store liable for tires that were not purchased from them? Or is that a cheap or faulty tire that you guys had no way of getting a refund on. Probably something purchased used.

The guy pointing his finger looks like he is pointing outward yet the other guy has his hand balled up into a fist what about to hit the guy for pointing. I don't know how you expect to win in small claims court. What would you be suing for?

New tires that you didn't purchase from the company in the first place?Also I'm pretty sure the company has disclaimers for work that is performed on vehicles which you or your husband must have signed for when the work was done.

to Anonymous #1351441

After looking at my receipts, I stand corrected.The tires were almost 7 weeks old & they were NEW when I purchased them.

Yes, this car does mostly sit in the driveway. It was taken to Stroudsburg & back & this is the result. We have taken it to another mechanic & was told that Mavis vandalized our vehicle, did not perform an alignment & due to that, it created approximately $2,000 worth of damage. At this point it's not just about the tires.

It's about the botched alignment, damage to the 2 back tires, vandalism, damage to the vehicle as a result of their neglect. The lack of customer service & the behavior of the manager was unacceptable. Filing a claim in court was advised by the officer. Even if we don't win, I want it all in record.

I have read other reviews & after sharing my experience with others I have learned of similar situations. I'm sure someone else at some point will also file. This business needs to be held accountable for their negligence. These are cars they are dealing with.

Sending someone off in an unsafe car has the potential to cause an accident & possibly a fatality.This is a big deal!

The paperwork on the date of the alignment stated multiple front end issues with the vehicle that the customer refused to address.It also states "get it as good as you can because I'm going to fix the front end myself".

The vehicle in question has almost 300k miles. I'm the alignment tech that did the alignment and didn't even want to do it but you insisted. You came to the store acting like a maniac, it's all on audio and video recording. The store manager got transferred out of that store and now has to drive almost 2hrs to a different store.

Great job.Smfh

to Anonymous #1351435

Couldn't care less how far he has to drive & that's a lie because I just saw him there when I was at Dunkin last week.Also, we did NOT come in there ranting & raving.

I lost my cool when the asst manager refused to pull up my account, give me a number for his boss, offered me no advice or help of any kind.I also have everything on video, I know I got loud, what I doubt you have on audio is him swearing at us in the parking lot & when we were leaving, your employees yelled out of the garage & called us ***.

Yes, it has a lot of miles on it because it has always been well maintained.

That is until we brought it to Mavis. Also, I never insisted anything.

Nothing was ever explained to me until after the fact telling me that it would never be perfectly aligned again.Funny thing, it is now.

Mansfield, Pennsylvania, United States #1325132

This picture shows the big guy pointing out ward and not in the small guys face. Idk people are desperate....

to Anonymous #1351434

I lost my cool when the asst manager refused to pull up my account, give me a number for his boss, offered me no advice or help of any kind. I also have everything on video, I know I got loud, what I doubt you have on audio is him swearing at us in the parking lot & when we were leaving, your employees yelled out of the garage & called us ***. But it's ok, it was witnessed by the officer & is all in the police report. Also, your employees vandalized the adjusters.

Our new mechanic verified this, we have them. And the car is perfectly aligned now after being told by Mavis that it could never be. And who cares how many miles are on the car? Yes, it has a lot of miles on it because it has always been well maintained.

That is until we brought it to Mavis. Also, I never insisted anything. I made an appointment for an alignment, you took my car in the garage & supposedly did one just as you would for any customer.

to Anonymous #1351439

Desperate for what exactly.Your comment doesn't even make sense.

I have other pictures & video if you're not happy with my photography skills, I apologize!!!! I would love to see how happy you would be if a company didn't do what they were supposed to, got loud, swore at you & refused any kind of advice or help. Then, have the nerve to point in your face. I doubt you would just stand there & take it.

We didn't put our hand, finger of any other part of our body in any employee's face! Who behaves like that!?

Obviously, you either work there or know these people.So of course you'll defend them.

This is fake!!Lol !

How sad is it when people want to swindle a company !!!Shame on you!!