Beware of Mavis Discount Tire in Syosset, NY
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!! I called first to make sure that they had a tire in stock that would work with my car. It all started out okay I get there and they gave me a time estimate. Sounds fine. Until they used the air gun to try and loosen my wheel lock instead of using a breaker bar to loosen it first. They snapped my wheel lock key and embedded the key in the grooves of the wheel lock. So now the mechanic tried to chisel out the lock and damaged my rim. I spent 3.5 hours there for nothing. Even then I said no problem to Craig Scott the manager on duty who told me he would replace my wheel locks and save me $10.00 for the tire. I declined and said that I would not come back to have work done there, and that I just wanted my wheel locks replace he agreed.
Here is where it gets interesting. I called the next day while at my local BMW dealership to have the problem that Mavis created rectified. I spoke to Sean the store manager of Mavis, I explained to him that I am reasonable and I have no interest in getting anyone in trouble, nor do I want and compensation for my damaged rim or the 3.5 hours spent there. I just asked him to replace my wheel locks since they broke the key. He proceeded to tell me that It was not the fault of his staff. He said and I quote "This was the first time you used our service and we made no mistakes, I spoke to the technician and the lugs were too tight and that I should go back to the people who tightened them in the first place and I should get reimbursed by them" , he also stated, "A lot times most guys are too lazy to tighten with a torque wrench and so they probably over tighten them". So Sean if that is the case why does your shop use a air gun to loosen a wheel lock when you should be loosening a wheel lock by hand first. Sounds like your speaking from experience when it comes to lazy! So I spoke to the BMW and the technician they told me that, that is not possible since this rim had never had a tire replaced, It still has the factory weights in it which means that there was never a tire replace on this side, so that would mean that BMW as a factory did not tighten them to specs.
Run don't walk from Mavis Discount Tire in Syosset, NY, not only will they waste your time, and damage your wheels and say it wasn't their fault, but they will try to up sell on a $6.99 valve gasket that they say has to be replaced every time a tire is replaced. Also Sean the manager will double talk you even if Craig the asst manager tells you something else. I feel bad for Craig that he has to work for a guy like that!!! Only go to Mavis Discount Tire in Syosset, NY if you have time and money to waste!!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Craig scott
What I disliked
- Sean the store manager
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Brought my brand new 2014 Evolution X to Lawrence Mavis in Nassau TODAY as one of my tires was leakng air. I wouldve chosen the dealer but they were 15..."
- "On November 4, 2012 while driving down the road, my engine stopped running and my 2008 Nissan Versa. My engine was on fire and burned the engine compartment completely. My..."
- "RESUBMITTED BECAUSE PREVIOUS POST HAS WRONG AREA. ITS LAWRENCE MAVIS. Brought my brand new 2014 Evolution X to Lawrence Mavis in Nassau TODAY as one of my tires was leakng air...."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."