Beware of Mavis Discount Tire in Syosset, NY
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!! I called first to make sure that they had a tire in stock that would work with my car. It all started out okay I get there and they gave me a time estimate. Sounds fine. Until they used the air gun to try and loosen my wheel lock instead of using a breaker bar to loosen it first. They snapped my wheel lock key and embedded the key in the grooves of the wheel lock. So now the mechanic tried to chisel out the lock and damaged my rim. I spent 3.5 hours there for nothing. Even then I said no problem to Craig Scott the manager on duty who told me he would replace my wheel locks and save me $10.00 for the tire. I declined and said that I would not come back to have work done there, and that I just wanted my wheel locks replace he agreed.
Here is where it gets interesting. I called the next day while at my local BMW dealership to have the problem that Mavis created rectified. I spoke to Sean the store manager of Mavis, I explained to him that I am reasonable and I have no interest in getting anyone in trouble, nor do I want and compensation for my damaged rim or the 3.5 hours spent there. I just asked him to replace my wheel locks since they broke the key. He proceeded to tell me that It was not the fault of his staff. He said and I quote "This was the first time you used our service and we made no mistakes, I spoke to the technician and the lugs were too tight and that I should go back to the people who tightened them in the first place and I should get reimbursed by them" , he also stated, "A lot times most guys are too lazy to tighten with a torque wrench and so they probably over tighten them". So Sean if that is the case why does your shop use a air gun to loosen a wheel lock when you should be loosening a wheel lock by hand first. Sounds like your speaking from experience when it comes to lazy! So I spoke to the BMW and the technician they told me that, that is not possible since this rim had never had a tire replaced, It still has the factory weights in it which means that there was never a tire replace on this side, so that would mean that BMW as a factory did not tighten them to specs.
Run don't walk from Mavis Discount Tire in Syosset, NY, not only will they waste your time, and damage your wheels and say it wasn't their fault, but they will try to up sell on a $6.99 valve gasket that they say has to be replaced every time a tire is replaced. Also Sean the manager will double talk you even if Craig the asst manager tells you something else. I feel bad for Craig that he has to work for a guy like that!!! Only go to Mavis Discount Tire in Syosset, NY if you have time and money to waste!!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Craig scott
What I disliked
- Sean the store manager
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "On 10-31-13 my 22 year old son was involved in a serious high speed read end accident. He was sitting at a red light when hit by a Toyota SUV..."
- "On 6/2/2016 I took my car to have my front tire fixed and upon picking up my car I noticed that my rim was cracked. This was not..."
- "I went to dinner in the lower Greenville area of Dallas TX and went to a birthday party after. At 2:30 AM I discovered that I was towed from the..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "This is in regards to a specific negative review, and others like it, about Universal Technical Institute. I graduated from UTI in Houston, January 2005. Never ONCE was an associates..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."