Problem: Today 4/22/2018. Spencerport Rd., Rochester,N.Y.

location. 8 months ago Mavis Tire replaced driver's side wheel bearing on my son' s car. Recently car started making grinding noise. I came in from out of town to help identify the problem.

I am a professional mechanic, and I found the wheel wobbles. The problem appeared to be the recently replaced wheel bearing. I loosened and changed the passenger side with no problem. I attempted to loosen the driver' s side bearing and my Stsnley breaker bar exploded and broke cutting my hand.

I then used my guaged breaker bar...set at 287 lbs. And bearing would not budge. Should have been tightened to 195 lbs. My son and I drove to Mavis Spencerport Rd store to explain situation.

I just wanted them to apply heat to the overtight bearing so I could change it. The lady clerk was nice and apologetic and agreed to help. Then the male manager yelled and came out and said no. He would do nothing for free to help.

Only agreed to fix the wheel bearing for $350. He was rude and I became rude. I think that manager should be fired. A bearing that tight is not safe for my son and his family.

I feel the manager made a bad decision. There was no resolution. I would never go to Mavis for anything, nor would I recommend them to family or friends.

Sincerely, Daniel M. Kasper

Review about: Mavis Discount Tire Car Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments