2170 US-44, Gardiner, NY 12525, USA
1.4
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I brought my car in to Mavis in Gardiner, NY for an alignment.I had replaced all the ball joints and two front shocks myself.

When you remove the upper ball joints you have to make a mark on the two alignment cams on the top of the upper ball joint so you can get the alignment as close to what it was when you took the old ones off. I sat in the store area for two hours and paid my $79.99 plus tax and drove off. I got home and checked the marks I put on the upper ball joint cams only to find out they were never touched!! They're still in the same spot I left them in when I tightened down the bolts!!!

What exactly was done in those two hours? It seems as if they just drove the car around the parking lot and parked it in a different spot and charged me $40.00 an hour to do it!!!! WTF?? How is an alignment performed without any wrenching done on it??

Firestone Automotive at least gives you a printout of your aligment readings before AND after an alignment is performed!!! Also, when I put the parts back together I forgot to straighten out the bent brake dust cover plate on the back of the steering knuckle. Well, it was still the same when I got home cuz I kept hearing this scraping noise. My point being is that IF my car was put up on a lift and checked for an alignment the tech would have seen this and corrected it with an annotation on the bill stating it was found and corrected!!!

I do believe a refund of my $79.99 plus tax is in order!!I really feel like I have been banged for $86, no grease or spit was ever applied, either!

Review about: Mavis Discount Tire Wheel Alignment.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Mavis Discount Tire?

Comments

These *** ripped me off on my antique car, ruined my wheels almost came off, were wobbling scuffed my wheels up !!!!!,they weren't tightened, they left the tie rod adjusting bolts loose on the adjusters, got in car the dam steering wheel was off 4 inches !!

told him 3 dam times !!! they *** up the rear strut almost lost a rear wheel !!! got the *** car back now it pulling to the god dam right You guys suck a big *** *** !!!! thats how I feel !

Had to get car fixed by my local mechanics shop Nnw you owe me another 400.bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!